Did YOU Meet Taylor at Midnight?

 AHHHHHH. MIDNIGHTS IS FINALLY OUT!!!


Okay. Pause. Time to be real… This album was actually a grower…

As much as I love and adore Taylor Swift, I had my thoughts and expectations all wrong. 


I was expecting another album like Folklore, but my predictions could not have been farther off!



She reverted to her pop-like sounds from albums like Reputation, Lover, and 1989 which was incredibly refreshing. 


This post took so long because I have been trying to formulate my thoughts about all of the songs.

While I may not have liked all the music at first, this album has quickly become my third favorite Taylor Swift album (only under reputation and evermore).


It is sad because the public hated the album when they did not fully understand the messages she was trying to get across. People said, “She put the ‘Mid’ in ‘MIDnights,’ BUT I COULD NOT DISAGREE MORE!


I am not sure what all of the songs mean, but I will have my fully-formulated opinions next week, and then I will have a breakdown of all of the Midnights music videos, merch drops, and easter eggs the week after. (Just for simplicity, the two-week schedule is: Deep Dive -> Merch and Video :D)



Here is also a comparison of what I thought my favorite tracks would be to what they are after hearing the tracks. 



My Tracklist Ranking (Without Hearing the Songs):

  1. Anti-Hero

  2. Karma

  3. Snow on the Beach

  4. You’re on your own, Kid

  5. Vigilante Shit

  6. Labyrinth

  7. Bejeweled

  8. Midnight Rain

  9. Maroon

   10. Lavender Haze

   11. Question…?

   12. Mastermind

   13. Sweet Nothing


My Tracklist After Listening to the Songs Nonstop All Day Every Day:

  1. Karma

  2. Vigilante Shit

  3. Anti-Hero

  4. Question…?

  5. Lavender Haze

  6. You’re on Your Own, Kid

  7. Bejeweled

  8. Mastermind

  9. Midnight Rain

   10. Maroon

   11. Snow on the Beach

   12. Sweet Nothing

   13. Labyrinth



NOT ONLY THE 13 PREDICTED TRACKS, BUT SHE ALSO DROPPED 7 MORE?!??!?!?! 


It was her “Super Chaotic Surprise” at 3am, which obviously I stayed up for?!

The songs are so different from the rest of the album, but they are perfect! 


I will also be deep diving into the bonus tracks next week!



Here is my ranking of the Bonus Tracks:

  1. Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve

    1. LITERALLY A MASTERPIECE, BUT SO SAD

  2. High Infidelity

  3. The Great War

  4. Bigger Than The Whole Sky

  5. Dear Reader

  6. Glitch

  7. Paris



Alright, Swifties! I hope you enjoyed this post~

I have to go start on next week’s incredibly long blog post…

Even though I cannot wait, I could not be more excited!


I would LOVE to hear your opinions of the different tracks on Midnights! What are your favorite and least favorite songs?



That’s all from me! See you next week for the deep dive into the lyric and metaphor-filled ocean, Midnights!


Comments