Afternoon Anarchy with Alex || Taylor Tuesday

Hiiiii Swifties! 


With the upcoming release of Midnights by Taylor Swift, as promised I will be reviewing the tracklist. 

I will be presenting the names and giving my initial thoughts on them (along with any background information Taylor has given us).



This is the Track List, along with any information we have about the song:

  1. Lavender Haze

    1. Taylor said this song is about falling in love, and “lavender haze” is a term they used in the 1950s to describe love.

  2. Maroon

  3. Anti-Hero

    1. Anti-Hero is about Taylor’s insecurities. She has said that this song dives deeper into her self-hatred and self-loathing than any other song she has written.

  4. Snow on the Beach

    1. This song is featuring Lana Del Ray, and it is the longest track on the album.

  5. You’re on Your own, Kid

  6. Midnight Rain

  7. Question…?

  8. Vigilante Shit

    1. This is the shortest song on the album.

  9. Bejeweled

  10. Labyrinth

  11. Karma

  12. Sweet Nothing

  13. Mastermind


Overall, we do not know much about each of the tracks, but already I am so incredibly excited.

Just from the descriptions we have, I can tell that I am going to love this album. 



 


Recently we got two lines from some songs (we do not know which songs the lyrics pertain to, but we can guess).

  • “I should not be left to my own devices.”

    • This lyric is so general, that it could fit in almost any song…

  • “I polish up real nice.”

    • This lyric gives me the vibes of Bejeweled because polishing reminds me of something that jewelers do.



I could not be more excited for Midnights, so of course, I have spent time analyzing each song title and what we know. I am going to give what I think will be my favorite songs (in a list) based on what we know. 

Please let me know what you think of the tracklist so far, and maybe even let me know what you think your favorite song will be in the comments~!


Otherwise, that will be all for this week’s Taylor Tuesday. Thank you so much for tuning in, AND NEXT WEEK IT WILL BE ON Midnight’s RELEASE AAHHHHHHH! See you all next week~



My Tracklist Ranking (Without Hearing the Songs):

  1. Anti-Hero

  2. Karma

  3. Snow on the Beach

  4. You’re on your own, Kid

  5. Vigilante Shit

  6. Labyrinth

  7. Bejeweled

  8. Midnight Rain

  9. Lavender Haze

  10. Question…?

  11. Mastermind

  12. Sweet Nothing


My actual rating will be posted at a later date, but this is officially it for this post!


Thank you all again, and I will see you next week!


Comments

  1. Alex I really enjoyed reading your preview of Midnights! I can't wait for this week's Taylor Tuesday review of the new album!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment