The 2022 VMAs~

(From NBC News)


The 2022s Video Music Awards (VMAs) premiered on Aug 28, 2022. Tons of deserving people won major awards, and today I’m here to focus on some of my favorites.


Of course, if you read my Taylor Swift post, you would know she won 2 VMAs for All Too Well: The Short Film, one for the Best Music Video, and another for the Best Long-Form Video. She also announced her new album there, but more information on her on Taylor Tuesdays.

(From billboard.com)


Dove Cameron, who I have been watching since her Liv and Maddie days, won Best New Artist. Some people who win Best New Artist have been known to fall off the charts afterward, like Meghan Trainor and Alessia Cara. While I still love their music, they are not top-charting anymore.


Dove’s music is so fun and fresh, and I would definitely recommend listening to her debut single, Boyfriend.



Another notable mention for someone I listen to a lot, Doja Cat won an award for Best Choreography in her music video for Woman.


(From NPR.org)


Last but not least, Nicki Minaj, one of the people who hosted, won the Michael Jackson Vanguard Video Award, which is a very prestigious award. She performed Super Freaky Girl and more during the show.


Other people like Anitta, Bad Bunny, Black Pink, Conan Gray, Dove Cameron, Eminem x Snoop Dog, Flo Milli, J Balvin, JID, Jack Harlow, Kane Brown, Lauren Spencer Smith, Lizzo, Måneskin, Marshmello x Khalid, Panic! at the Disco, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Saucy Santana, and Yung Gravy.



Thank you for tuning in to this blog post. If there is anything specific from the VMA’s that I did not discuss, that you would like me to, please comment on it and I will make sure to cover it in a future blog post.


Thank you, and this has been Popin’ with Alex.


Comments

  1. Alex, I missed the VMA's this year so I really enjoyed reading your recap here! Were the Red Hot Chilli Peppers really on there? I used to love them when I was a teenager! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment